Wednesday, January 20, 2010

She's a Butterfly...

Today I am inspired to talk about two women in my life and the place they hold in my heart. I have two sisters. They are both unbelievable women and because of them in alot of ways I have become who I am. Carrie is my older sister. I have always looked up to her but to her I was always the brat who hid under her bed, listened to her phone calls and stole her clothes. But for me she was always so strong and fearless. She could take on the world and everyone in it and did on several occasions. I remember she stood up for me on the bus one day and has been standing up for me ever since. She is smart, so talented, and creative. My younger sister Robyn has always been somewhat quite, very intelligent and has a natural beauty about her. She never says much but when she does you want to pay attention b/c it going to be something special. I don't tell my sisters nearly enough how much I love them or at all. But I hope they know that I think they are special and really unique.

Three Sister's
© Francis I. Gillespie

We are three sisters
Three sisters are we
I love each of you,
And I know you love me

We’re not always together,
Life sometimes keeps us apart.
But we're never separated
We’re in each other's heart.

Now I know we've had our troubles,
But we always get thru.
The real message is you love me,
And I also love you.

We have had lots of good times
That we'll never forget
Sometimes we worry
And sometimes we fret

But if God ever gave me
Something special you see,
It might have been the blessing of,
Three sisters are we.
The Lord above has gave me lots
Of happiness and glee
But the most special thing he did was
Make us sisters, all three.

Source: Three Sisters, Sister Poems http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/family/poetry.asp?poem=517#ixzz0i08A6Mbm

No comments:

Post a Comment